Sunday, February 27, 2011

Isle of Blood High Elves All Done!!!

The last of the High Elves.  Worked all morning today on just the mages.  I'm sure after Bob gets them flocked he will post final pictures of the entire lot of them in all their glory.  Figures always look better flocked.
Here's the beginnings of the Sea Guard, simply sloppy base coats.  There is some highlighting in my usual pseudo-Dallimore method.  :-)

Again, the beginnings of the Warriors of Hoeth.



Mages.  Bob and I decided to leave their cloaks separate because getting behind them would be a pain in the butt.


Close-up of the mid-stages of painting.  Still pretty basic, some highlighting and a still a lot of sloppiness.




Here we are, done.

Voila!

Same mage, different color scheme.  Funny how a little paint makes them look so different and gives them a different feel.

I decided not to do anything fancy with the backs of their cloaks.  I was going to put the little stars on them but decided against it.

A little close-up.

 Sorry, no real time to add all the details about how I painted them, too many papers to grade.  Perhaps I can go back when I have the time and post color choices.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment