Saturday, March 12, 2011

Harbinger Heaven...

So, I got that Harbinger finished right before Cold Wars.  I'm sure the customer will be pleased.  As I said before, she should have been made of plastic (although I detest plastics for the most part).  To this very moment I keep worrying about whether or not she'll fall apart.  Bob did pin her joints and we used JB Weld, but I still worry; it's part of my nature. 


However, I want you to take a close look at our one, awesome modification.  (BTW: someone else may have come up with it, but I didn't see it anywhere on the web so <<raspberry>>) 
We used Jewelry Essentials CHAIN in gold Item#JC15173-02 from Michael's Craft Store.
The chain was JB Welded to her first; let to dry thoroughly over-night.
Then, the chain was positioned to them, cut to length, and JB Welded.  Again, it was let to dry over-night.

Originally, the chains that her attendants are holding were molded and part of the package.  Yeah, that wasn't going to work.  She would have had to have been positioned perfectly in place with each attendant in the correct position in order for those short, molded chains to fit correctly.  Guess what?  They didn't fit.  I told Bob "to hell with those chains we're going to use real ones". 
After the JB Weld was let to dry, I painted the gold chains Burnished Gold and washed them in Ogryn Flesh wash.
Now it looks like it was supposed to be there and I think it matches the molded chains that are dragging beneath the attendants pretty well.
Lastly, touch-ups were done to the hands of the attendants, to her gold hip-plates and her white robes.  Inevitably, I got JB Weld on her robes because I wanted to anchor those chains and the hip-plates securely.  You can hardly tell, even close-up and in person.

There you have it!  If you have this model, or want to purchase it but don't feel like breaking windows over her, go buy jewelry chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment